The Ice Rescue Technician course teaches first responders and individuals how to approach ice rescue emergencies. Our course meets and exceeds NFPA Standard 2500 (2022). This course includes training on ice rescue basics and equipment, boat ops on ice, throw bags, medical considerations, victim rescues, team rescues, and more!
- All students MUST complete the Ice Search and Rescue Awareness online course through Trident Rescue Academy (our online learning portal) before participating in an Ice Rescue Technician Instructor-Led course.
- If you have an Awareness Certification that is still valid (even from other companies), please email us a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org for our team to approve.
- 8 hours (1 day) total.
- Ice Rescue Technician Course Certification Cost: $220
- Ice Search and Rescue Awareness Online Course Cost: $45
Equipment & What to Bring:
- Ice rescue suit (OR drysuit with warm layers underneath)
- Ice awls
- Water boots/shoes
- Type “V” PFD
- Water helmet
- Water gloves (leather or synthetic palmed)
- We recommend bringing a second set of clothes, warm layers, a towel, sunscreen, plenty of water, snacks, and lunch (depending on the water site location).