Swiftwater Rescue Technician Refresher is designed for rescue professionals that have completed a Swiftwater Rescue Technician course within the last 5 years. This course allows rescue professionals to maintain yearly refresher compliance training. The NFPA recommends 24 hours of refresher training every 3 years to maintain skill competency. This course exceeds NFPA Standards 1006 (2021) and 2500 (2022) for technician-level requirements. This course has been curated by our team of experts and includes refresher training in throwbag skills, water rescue skills, basic boat ops skills, rescuer water survival skills, victim rescues, and more!
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician Level 1 or 2 certification within the last 5 years.
Course Specific Information:
- 24 hours (3 days)
- Refresher Course Cost: $325
Equipment & What To Bring:
- Water rescue helmet
- Drysuit or wetsuit
- Type “V” Rescue PFD w/ load release
- Water gloves
- Water boots or shoes
- Knife (optional, but recommended)
- Second set of clothes, towel, sunscreen, plenty of water, snacks and lunch (depending on water site location).
If you do not have all of the equipment above, please reach out to us so we can discuss other options. (Borrowed equipment will be handled on a case-by-case basis.)