COURSE IS FULL! Please check out the other course opportunities on our Event Calendar.
Location: Central Hickory Fire Rescue Station #1 18901 US Hwy 83 Wheatland, MO 65779
Swiftwater Rescue Technician trains first responders team leadership skills and technical training regarding swiftwater rescue operations. This course meets and exceeds NFPA Standards 1006 (2021) and 2500 (2022) for technician-level requirements. This course has been curated by our team of experts and includes management of a water rescue scene, operational training in supervision of rescuers, scene safety, hydrology (reading the water), river hazards, boat-based rescues in swiftwater, ropes, and knots, technical rescue systems, contact rescues, victim assessment and more!
- All students MUST complete the Swiftwater/Flood Awareness online course through Trident Rescue Academy (our online learning portal) before participating in a Swiftwater Rescue Technician Instructor-Led course.
- If you have previously taken an Awareness Certification that is still valid, please email us a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org for our team to approve.
- 40 hours (4 days)
- Technician Initial Certification Course Cost: $435
- Online Awareness Course Cost: $65
- Total Awareness & Tech Cost: $500
Equipment & What To Bring:
- Water rescue helmet
- Drysuit or wetsuit
- Type “V” Rescue PFD w/ load release
- Water gloves
- Water boots or shoes
- Flashlight, helmet light, & chem sticks (for Night Ops).
- We recommend bringing a second set of clothes, a towel, sunscreen, plenty of water, snacks, and lunch (depending on the water site location).
If you do not have all of the equipment above, please reach out to us so we can discuss other options.(Borrowed equipment will be handled on a case-by-case basis.)