Classroom Location: Bourbon FPD 6 Industrial Park Dr. Bourbon, MO 65441
Outdoor Location: Meramec River
Swiftwater Vehicle Rescue trains first responders team leadership skills and technical training regarding swiftwater vehicle rescue operations. This course meets and exceeds NFPA Standards 1006 (2021) and 2500 (2022) for technician-level requirements. This course has been curated by PFD Warrior and includes learning how to review moving water vehicle rescue challenges, execute proper vehicle approaches, secure vehicles in moving water, victim rescues, PFD applications for victims, scenario-based training, utilizing a realistic vehicle prop, and night operations.
- We recommend receiving your Swiftwater Rescue Technician certification before taking this course, but it is not required.
- 24 hours (2 days)
- Day 1 9 AM-11PM (Night Ops)
- Day 2 9 AM-6PM
- Certification Course Cost: $400
Equipment & What To Bring:
- Water rescue helmet w/ headlamp
- Drysuit or wetsuit
- Type “V” Rescue PFD w/ load release
- Water gloves
- Water boots or shoes
- Chem sticks
- We recommend bringing a second set of clothes, a towel, and sunscreen.
- PLEASE BRING FOOD. WE WILL NOT BE LEAVING THE TRAINING LOCATION FOR BREAKS.
If you do not have all of the equipment above, please reach out to us so we can discuss other options. (Borrowed equipment will be handled on a case-by-case basis.)