Swiftwater Vehicle Rescue trains first responders team leadership skills and technical training regarding swiftwater vehicle rescue operations. This course meets and exceeds NFPA Standards 1006 (2021) and 2500 (2022) for technician-level requirements. This course has been curated by PFD Warrior and includes learning how to review moving water vehicle rescue challenges, utilize vehicle prop on land & practice skills taught in class, execute proper vehicle approaches, secure vehicles in moving water, victim rescues, PFD applications for victims, scenario-based training, utilizing realistic vehicle prop, and night operations.
- We recommend receiving your Swiftwater Rescue Technician certification before taking this course, but it is not required.
- 24 hours (2 days)
- Certification Course Cost: $300
Equipment & What To Bring:
- Water rescue helmet
- Drysuit or wetsuit
- Type “V” Rescue PFD w/ load release
- Water gloves
- Water boots or shoes
- Flashlight, helmet light, & chem sticks (for Night Ops).
- We recommend bringing a second set of clothes, a towel, sunscreen, plenty of water, snacks, and lunch (depending on the water site location).
If you do not have all of the equipment above, please reach out to us so we can discuss other options. (Borrowed equipment will be handled on a case-by-case basis.)