Location: Cedar Hill Park Cedar Hill, MO 63016
This course meets and exceeds NFPA Standard 2500 (2022) and FEMA Flood Operations Standards (Awareness, Ops, and Technician Level).
Urban Flood Rescue was designed for Fire, EMS, and Police to teach the skills necessary for rescue responses in an urban flood area. The course is 24 hours over two days with a Night Ops experience. The students will learn skills to manage an urban flood situation, as well as team safety, equipment use, and boat-based rescues.
Prerequisites (Recommended but NOT Required):
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician and Rescue Boat Ops certifications from within the last three years
- Basic Swimming Skills
- First Aid or EMS Certifications (EFR, EMT, MEDIC)
- 24 hours (2 days)
- Night Ops Day 1
- Technician Initial Certification Course Cost: $425
Equipment & What To Bring:
- Drysuit or wetsuit
- Type “V” Rescue PFD w/ load release
- Water rescue helmet
- Water gloves
- Water boots or shoes
- Flashlight, helmet light, & chem sticks (for Night Ops).
- We recommend bringing a second set of clothes, a towel, sunscreen, plenty of water, snacks, and lunch (depending on the water site location).
If you do not have all of the equipment above, please reach out to us so we can discuss other options. (Borrowed equipment will be handled on a case-by-case basis.)